New: Lifestyle Wellness Program: Weekly topics that our clients have asked for. Be part of the 'Green Revolution' and learn ways to improve your diet, health and lifestyle. Everyone is welcome. Work with a nutritionist on nutrition topics. Registration is not necessary. Be aware that topics may change.
5:30 - 6:30PM Mondays
May 13 - Hot Topics in Nutrition - Michigan Law may prevent you from wellness education; new type of GMO crops may be even worse for health; why we like kale; practical ways to regain your health and more
May 20 - All about herbs - what to plant this season
Cost $10 - (discount card is available for graduates of our Healthy Family Diet Program)
The program is on hold for 2 weeks. We will resume May 13th
Don't know where to get started with nutrition? Take our 4-week program.
What you'll learn in our 4-week program: how to use food for health, how the body works, use food to prevent disease, improve health and/or lose weight (and keep it off).
Note: our programs are 4-weeks long and start the first Tuesday of every month. We offer an afternoon session at 2PM and an evening session at 5:30. Cooking is included.
To get started: Choose the time that works best for you and register by calling: 616 355-5333.
- Healthy Family Diet - healthy eating program designed to benefit the whole family. We define health this way - abundance of energy, sharp thinking, even moods, feeling cheerful, normal weight, participation in fulfilling activities, no symptoms. Work toward health by improving factors within our power. The program meets for 4 sessions and has a cooking demonstration included in each session. Week 1 - 'What to Eat, Setting up Your Pantry', 'Cooking with Quinoa'. Week 2 - 'What's in Our Food - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' - 'Cooking Breakfast'. Week 3 - 'Using What We Know to Prevent Most Disease - "Cooking up Cancer Prevention". Week 4 - 'Resources for Healthy Lifestyles' - cooking "Dinner for One". Why not make it more fun and sign up with a friend? 616 355-5333
- Weight Loss - In our Healthy Family Diet program, you'll learn self monitoring with easy equipment so you can track your progress. We will identify your ideal weight and explain why ours may be a little different than your doctor's recommendation. You'll learn to prevent rebound weight gain because you'll learn healthy eating habits that are good for a lifetime, even after you've lost your weight. We believe that weight loss involves a lot more than calories and exercise. We believe that the whole family needs healthy foods, not separate menus. Just sign up for Healthy Family Diet and let us know that you want weight loss monitoring.
- Health Challenges - we look at underlying problems that can be the root cause of symptoms and disease. Whatever your condition, we believe that you will benefit to have more energy, sharp mental focus, and a feeling of vitality. You will learn that some foods can be therapeutic for making improvements to your health, while other seemingly healthy foods are best avoided. Your diet plan will be customized over the 4 weeks. Simply sign up for the Healthy Family Diet Program. If you need additional support, many people add a private appointment to their program. In the private appointment we can get to the bottom of some issues and test for food sensitivities, toxic metals and mineral balance.
These are 90 minute classes:
- The Problem of Gluten - Informational - for people who have been diagnosed or suspect an intolerance. Meets once per month, call the office to register. Monday May 13 at 11AM
- Making Baby Food - A good time to take this class is when your baby is 4 months old. Learn to make baby food from scratch. Meets once per month, call the office to register. Tuesday May 21 at 6PM
- Lifetime Wellness - Informational: learn how food and nutrients can affect our health and what you can do. This class has been replaced with our Healthy Wellness program on Monday evenings at 5:30. On hold until May 13th.
We also have private consultations:
Private consultations - Simply make an appointment. If you need a diet analysis, supplement recommendations or if you need help working through a health condition, we listen and get to know you. Are foods making you sick? We can test for food sensitivities. Every person is different. Very few people have ever had a knowledgeable person to discuss their nutrition needs with, even when diet is the root of their illness. We will take the time to help you understand which foods and nutrients are right - or wrong for you. Let us know how we can help.
Contact us by calling (616) 355-5333 or
Note:Holistic Nutrition Center promotes health and lifestyle by using foods that reduce symptoms and improve well-being. We do not diagnose or treat illness in this office. Your medical care will be managed by your own physician. We may suggest supplemental nutritional support for your current condition, but we won't replace your current medicine with supplements.