Weight Loss 2017
Happy New Year! If you made a resolution to lose weight, it's time to get started now. Here are a few tips:
1. Define your goal – A goal gives you a direction and final destination that can be measured. So know your target. Pick a weight loss goal and date and identify the purpose for losing weight.
2. Make a plan. Break your goal down into chunks. If your goal is to lose 50 pounds by June 1st, then do the math - 50 pounds divided by six months is a little over eight pounds/month. To lose eight pounds each month will take more than just skipping desserts or counting calories. To achieve this amount you may need to remake your entire diet and you also may need daily time at the gym.
3. Examine brain blocks - If you identify why and how you gained the weight, then you can see where to make changes.
4. Keep a journal. Identify what works to move you toward your goal so that you can repeat it. Know what doesn't work so you can avoid it. You may notice that lack of sleep causes cravings, or that you overeat when drinking alcohol. You may have a stockpile of temptations in your cupboards. Maybe you have a habit of swinging through the drive-through on your way home from work. Fix the problems.
5. Stay focused and with each temptation, remind yourself that your weight loss goal is more important than any personal indulgence. Keep doing the right thing, celebrate small victories, find joy in the process.